Thaiway

Frequent Flyer Miles

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

Yes, you are right. It is also good to save them for upgrades. I have been in Business my last 20 or so trips over here and never paid for the seat. I always use miles to upgrade. Now that NWA and Delta are merging, I am not sure what the changes will be so I am a bit worried to be honest but I hope it stays the same or similar!

Credit card spending is a good idea only if you pay off the balance every month, otherwise it is financial disaster waiting to happen.

Those high interest rates will kill you. If you can pay off your balance monthly and still charge quite a bit, you can really rack up the miles.

Getting an United Mileage Plus credit card is a good idea if they still have the promotion that gives you 30K ff miles for signing up. That's half a trip to Thailand.

60 baht annual fee, before the first renewal ask them to remove the fee and they will probably comply, if not cancel the card.

As for credit cards in general, if you can't afford to pay off your monthly balance in full, then you can't afford what you were going to purchase.

Getting an United Mileage Plus credit card is a good idea if they still have the promotion that gives you 30K ff miles for signing up. That's half a trip to Thailand.

60 baht annual fee, before the first renewal ask them to remove the fee and they will probably comply, if not cancel the card.

As for credit cards in general, if you can't afford to pay off your monthly balance in full, then you can't afford what you were going to purchase.

60 baht annual fee is really cheap. I think I am paying around 1250 baht for an annual fee for my credit card.

ya, expiring miles is a bad feature of ff programs for those that don't fly too much.

By they way if you fly on other Star Alliance carriers you can put your miles into United Mileage Plus and reedem them on yet another Satr carrier.

For example, you can fly Thai Airways, before flying specify u want the miles to be put in your United account and redeem them with Sing.

If anyone (think you have to be American) wants the 30K you could help me out by giving them my United Mileage Plus number and I get a bonus too.

Refer your friends and earn up to 30,000 bonus miles

Dates: Ongoing

Offer: Earn 15,000 bonus miles when your newly referred friend makes an eligible purchase with their new Mileage Plus Visa card1. You can earn a total of 30,000 bonus miles for referring up to two friends2 - enough for a roundtrip Saver Award within the continental U.S. The friend whom you referred will earn 30,000 bonus miles after the first eligible purchase and 1 mile per eligible $1 spent, along with all the other benefits of carrying a Mileage Plus Visa.

Get started now: Simply have your friends call 1-877-858-5188 (offer code C7G4) to apply, and be sure they provide the operator with your Mileage Plus number.

PM me if interested and we can also work on other ways to get a free trip to Asia without ever flying a mile. I know cause I did it and a buddy flew his family to Hawaii.

I am not much of a fan of American based airlines. I haven't flown to Thailand on United or Northwest but have on American Airlines. I don't think much of American Airline. The few people I know that have used Northwest say that it is the pits. I much prefer the Asian Airliners because of the friendliness and good service. Lately I have been flying either China Airlines or Eva. Maybe I should investigate a credit card that is linked to those frequent flyer programs.

Lately I have been flying either China Airlines or Eva. Maybe I should investigate a credit card that is linked to those frequent flyer programs.

For along time I was very close to a free flight with China Air and looking for a credit card offer but none was available. SoI paid for one more flight so that I'd be able to get a free flight.

Shortly thereafter I got a credit card offer in the mail that would have put me over the top for a free flight. :angry:

For along time I was very close to a free flight with China Air and looking for a credit card offer but none was available. SoI paid for one more flight so that I'd be able to get a free flight.

Shortly thereafter I got a credit card offer in the mail that would have put me over the top for a free flight. :angry:

On China Airlines website, I occasionally see a MasterCard advertisement. I have not investigated but may have to research to see if it is a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the other ways of accumulating FF miles without flying aside from signing up with a credit card company?

Unless the airline partners with another company like Ameritrade or Fidelity, flying and credit cards are the two most common way of accumulating miles.