Thaiway

ONE TOURIST DIES AND ANOTHER HOSPITALIZED FROM SPIKED DRINKS

Rate this topic

CrazyExpat

Pattaya, 29 September,2009, [PDN]: two tourists invited a couple of ladyboys back to their hotel room. While there, one or the other of the ladyboys is suspected of having spiked their hosts’ drinks, with the result that one man died and the other was hosoitalised. The case is under investigation

At 8.50 am, on 29 September, Pol.Lt.Col. Chatchai Srisuwan, Pattaya Police Investigator, was notified by Mrs. Sopis Sungkakarn, [50] the Pattaya City Hotel Receptionist that one of their clients was dead in his room and his friend, who had been sharing the room, had been sent to hospital. The police went immediately to investigate the incident.

In room 304, containing twin single beds, at Pattaya City Hotel, located in Soi Pattaya Klang 12, Moo. 10, police found a team of doctors from the Pattaya Memorial Hospital pumping the heart of Mr. Anand Amint, [25], who was lying unconscious on the bed, wearing only underpants.

Unfortunately, despite their efforts, the doctors were not able to save his life because it is estimated that he had been dead for about 10 minutes before the doctors arrived.

Police did not find any immediate signs of foul play. His clothes were on the bed next to his body and a used condom was on the floor. A few bottles of whisky and beer were also found in the room. Mr. Parwan Kumar, [41], his friend, had been sent to hospital. He was intoxicated from drugs; as yet unidentified. He was lucky to be treated in time and is now safe, but was still unable give any further information.

Mrs. Sopis said the two men had checked in at the hotel on 28 September and had both brought lady boys back to the room at 4.00 am. The two ladyboys had left the rooms later on in the early morning.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010526

A question comes to mind, especially after I see the phrase "police assumed" in the article: How do they know this was a matter of spiked drinks, rather than, say, an overdose during recreational drug use? It's too soon to have lab results on the bottles/glasses back yet showing the likelihood of one scenario over the other, and the surviving friend could simply have given police a self-serving statement, rather than admit they were all four partying and taking drugs.

I really worry that Pattaya is becoming a more dangerous place than Bangkok!!

I agree that you are asking for trouble inviting strangers back to your room and the danger of drugs always adds to the risk of trouble. Though I have always felt safe in Thailand I am becoming more wary since I joined this site so thanks for the warnings!! Take care everybody and I know that thing between our legs often seems stronger than what our head tells us, please be mindful that there are dangers out there!!

It's been said that God gave man two heads, but only enough blood for one to function at a time. It sounds like these guys were using the wrong head.

Very true!! Looks as though a bit of the blood did extend to the other at one stage because at least they used a condom!!

I don't think either place is particularly dangerous.

And I don't thinking walking many streets of Manhattan at 4AM is dangerous either.

I have never felt like I am in any danger walking the streets of Pattaya or Bangkok, day or night. Of course, there are more dangers anywhere late at night.

A question comes to mind, especially after I see the phrase "police assumed" in the article: How do they know this was a matter of spiked drinks, rather than, say, an overdose during recreational drug use? It's too soon to have lab results on the bottles/glasses back yet showing the likelihood of one scenario over the other, and the surviving friend could simply have given police a self-serving statement, rather than admit they were all four partying and taking drugs.

Very well said. There is something to this story that does not make sense. Though having lived in Pattaya for a short while, I truly believe there's a number of dangerous transvestites who roam around the beach area near Mike Shopping Mall. I've been approached by a number of them and they certainly did not look that friendly.

Though having lived in Pattaya for a short while, I truly believe there's a number of dangerous transvestites who roam around the beach area near Mike Shopping Mall. I've been approached by a number of them and they certainly did not look that friendly.

Yes, I would agree that the Beach Road ladyboys should be avoided.

Also if you are very drunk it's probably not a good idea to walk along Beach Road after midnight.

Yes, I would agree that the Beach Road ladyboys should be avoided.

Also if you are very drunk it's probably not a good idea to walk along Beach Road after midnight.

Also beware of ladyboys on baht buses. On a trip to Jomtiem, I have had a couple of ladyboys attempt to pick my pockets. Have heard stories of farangs being relieved of their wallets on crowded baht buses.

On more than one occasion my pocket was attempted to be picked, unsuccessfully. I have zippers on my pockets and whenever I am on a baht bus or in a crowd, I stay vigilant to what's going on around me.

I am the same way. The way they tried to pick my pocket was the ladyboy sat next to me with a big flat package that covered her lap and part of mine. I was having a good conversation with my friend and she keeps leaning closer to me. Of course, I moved over as much as I could and went on talking. Finally, I felt something on my leg and called her on it. She and her friend immediately rang the bell and got off.

One time when I told a ladyboy to get he hand away from my pocket, she and her friends got off and when the baht bus started to pull away she spit at me. They can be nasty bitches.

Wow! That ladyboy was really mad at you. I don't believe I have ever heard of a Thai reacting like that. I hope she missed.

Apprehended.

The police found Bt2,800 on Mr. Pongkorn, as well as 2 mobile phones with SIM-cards , and 10 condoms.

And their reason for spiking drinks and robbing..........

When the officials asked what reason they had to steal the money from the tourists, they unhesitatingly said “to collect money to have surgery and keep their beauty as a real feminine look.â€

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010562

Apprehended.

And their reason for spiking drinks and robbing..........

When the officials asked what reason they had to steal the money from the tourists, they unhesitatingly said “to collect money to have surgery and keep their beauty as a real feminine look.â€

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010562

After the surgery, they are going to be the best looking ladyboys in prison.

On more than one occasion my pocket was attempted to be picked, unsuccessfully. I have zippers on my pockets and whenever I am on a baht bus or in a crowd, I stay vigilant to what's going on around me.

When I worked at the airport in Miami, there were a group of Colombian pickpockets who came through pretty consistently to hit the crowds on the main concourse. The airport cops told women to carry their purses as they would a football, tucked in tight against their ribs with their arm between the purse and anybody else, and told the men to put rubberbands around their wallets. The rubberband snags against the cloth of your pocket, making it difficult, if not impossible, to slide out undetected. It was a pain to get your wallet out sometimes, but I never lost mine in the three years I worked there.