Thaiway

Top 10 Airports in the World

Rate this topic

Wino

Just saw an article in the Bangkok Post. They mentioned Suvarnabhumi airport aims to be one of the top 10 best airports in the world. Do you think Bangkok's airport is really world class? I am no expert, but not sure if I would say Bangkok's airport is in the top ten category. I really like the airport in Singapore. What do you think?

Just saw an article in the Bangkok Post. They mentioned Suvarnabhumi airport aims to be one of the top 10 best airports in the world. Do you think Bangkok's airport is really world class? I am no expert, but not sure if I would say Bangkok's airport is in the top ten category. I really like the airport in Singapore. What do you think?

Yes, I do believe it. Although very big, Suvarnabhumi to me is very easy to use. And a heck of a lot more functional than Don Muang.

I also like the airport in Singapore but I don't recall it as any easier to use than Suvarnabhumi. Both are far better than, for example, LAX.

Getting off the plane at Don Muang I always felt a rush of excitement, ah the good ole days. :D

Heck, I get the rush as soon as I know I'm going back to Thailand! But one often lost that rush at Don Muang if you ever had to transfer over to a domestic flight (whereas in Suvarnabhumi, you simply get on the elevator and go up to the fourth floor).

They need free wifi. They need to have better lounges. They need an easier way to get from one point to another.

That said, I think it is beautiful and lovely to look at.

I thought I read an article where they were thinking of putting in free wifi? True the terminal is beautiful but has a few faults.