Thaiway

Another Air Asia Sale

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

20% off in Oct and Nov if you book before the end of Sept.

Mods, please move to whichever sub-forum is most appropriate.

I find it hard to believe that Air Asia can make any money because their fares are so cheap. They must be doing OK because they are expanding into more markets. Keep up the good work.

I find it hard to believe that Air Asia can make any money because their fares are so cheap.

That's also a puzzle to me given how other airlines are losing their asses charging twice what Air Asia does (i.e., Thai Airlines). Maybe Bernie Madoff is financing them?

(regardless, I still use them given the prices)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This sale does not include any travel around Songkran. If you sign up for Air Asia's sale alerts (I think they call it red alerts), perhaps you can find a deal around April. If you can travel between May and October 2010, there are some great deals. I checked a fare between Bangkok and Bali in July and it was under $30 US roundtrip. You can fly many places within Thailand for under $6 US.

I want to escape Songkran.

I understand that, but unfortunately this sale will not help you for travel around Songkran. Air Asia's regular fares are still quite reasonable. Or perhaps take a road trip within Thailand and away from the 6 day Pattaya celebration.

A sale price would be nice.

A sale would be nice but highly unlikely. The airlines don't need sales to fill the planes around this time of year. Compare it to the Christmas-New Year or Thanksgiving travel period in the US. Airlines do not discount around peak holiday travel periods.

Although I am not ready to book a flight yet, I searched Air Asia for BKK to KL traveling Apr 12-20, 2010. I found an economy promotion fare for 7040 Baht R/T for 2 travelers. For the same dates BKK to Penang - 6400 baht.

That sounds like a steal of a deal for KL. Grab it before it disappears. I don't think you will find any better.

I guess you are talking about Johor Bahru or the entire state of Johor? I did not spend much time in Johor Bahru but I am sure there is many things to see and do in the capital city. Might be a good idea to save Penang for another trip, if you are only going for eight days.

• 3 weeks later...

Air Asia starting a number of new routes from Phuket later this month. Some really good deals if book by today. I booked flights up to Udon for my lady's birthday in January 2010. Cost me a total of 2,700 baht for 2 of us round trip. While I was on Air Asia's web site I noticed flights Phuket to Vietnam for 290 baht. So I ended up booking 2 round tickets in March 2010 for only 3,800 baht (includes the departure tax etc). What a deal. Can't wait for the Phuket Bali flights that have been promised.

Air Asia has another "free seats" promotion. Make your website purchase beginning Novemeber 11 and travel May to October 2010. Some real good deals.

Yes, I looked at that but only when you book a hotel package but when I costed out their price vs booking the flight and hotel separately (same flights/same hotel)to Vietnam it worked out a bit cheaper. So much for the 'free' flight hype.

• 4 weeks later...

Air Asia's advertising slogan is, "now everyone can fly." How true it is. I have never seen airfares so cheap.

I flew on Air Asia last week round-trip from Chiangmai to Bangkok....and was a bit surprised (based on past history) that both flights were on time (and the return flight to Chiangmai was actually 10 minutes early!). I actually do like Air Asia as their flights are relatively inexpensive and their flight times usually fit my desired schedule.

But (and this doesn't only apply to Air Asia), why the heck do the airlines list the "baording time" when they never have ever started boarding at that scheduled time? My guess is it's just a scheduled time to start thinking about boarding....