Thaiway

Pattaya Island

Rate this topic

nyoen

I've many heard about Pattaya island...

anyone can explain how about that island ?

How beautiful that ones ?

I can see many literature about that or maybe i've been searching internet a lot.

But it;s different if we can hear directly from person who seeing that place...

Pattaya is not an island. It is a coastal city, but there are islands near Pattaya. The nearest popular island to Pattaya is Ko Larn, which is a tourist island. Boats go back and forth from Pattaya to Ko Larn all day long.

The nearest other two islands that are the most popular are Ko Samet and Ko Chang.

I can see many literature about that or maybe i've been searching internet a lot.

If you are talking about Ko Larn, it is a very beautiful island with nice beaches and clear water. Well worth the visit.

Ko Lan is a very nice day trip.

I was under the impression that the 20 baht ferries only go to the pier and then you need to get a bike or songthaew to a beach.

Or there is a more expenive ferry that ges to the beaches.

Someone was telling me yesterday about a 20 baht ferry that will bring you to a beach. Can anyone confirm and exactly where at Bali Hai is this ferry?

Koh Larn is certainly very beautiful. Very clean blue sea and lovely white beaches. Don't know about 20 Baht ferries but the 40Baht ones take you to the Beach. It's easy to find the ferries just go to the end of Walking Street past the Bayshore Hotel and you can't miss it. They run every 30 minutes at peak times

ON Koh Larn when you get off the ferry the busier beaches with restaurants and shops are to the left. There is a nice quiet beach to the right. The food and drink seems to be a bit higher, but you will nearly have the beach to yourself.

There are two different ferry destinations. One that lands in a little town facing Pattaya. The other ferry lands on the opposite side of the island. I think lvdkeyes is talking about the opposite side of the island.

You can´t miss "walking street if you go to Pattaya. It´s a weird but exciting blend of exotic bars and girls, with many people welcoming you and friendly faces.Nice prices if you want to eat delicious sea food.

You can´t miss "walking street if you go to Pattaya. It´s a weird but exciting blend of exotic bars and girls, with many people welcoming you and friendly faces. Nice prices if you want to eat delicious sea food.

I agree with your comments other than the part about "many people welcoming you and friendly faces." Other than the touts trying to entice (or should I say "irritatingly cajole?") you into whatever bar or restaurant, the only other "friendly faces" at least later into the evening are people with that alcohol afterglow.

Yet, Walking Street is typical Pattaya and ought to be experienced by anyone visiting the area. I rather enjoy on rare occasion just stopping for a few beers and simply watching in awe/amazement/humor what's walking up and down the street. Sorta like going to the county fair....hehe.

I avoid Walking Street completely. It is one big tourist trap with loud music, fake muay thai boxing and touts trying to lure into their establishment. As far as seafood restaurants go, I think they are over priced on Walking Street. One of my favorite seafood places in Pattaya it at the far end of Jomtien Beach Road. I don't know the name, but it is where you can't go any further along the beach. It is pleasant to sit out beside the water, the food is good and reasonable. The place is mostly patronized by Thais.

I don't know the name, but it is where you can't go any further along the beach. It is pleasant to sit out beside the water, the food is good and reasonable. The place is mostly patronized by Thais.

I don't remember the name either, but I think it's the best place in Pattaya to go for seafood. In the evening they set up tables on the walkway next to the beach and you not only get very good food at very reasonable prices, but you also get a beautiful panoramic view of of the Jomtien Beach.

As far as seafood restaurants go, I think they are over priced on Walking Street.

Absolutely.

With one exception, the Pattaya Beer Garden which is out on the pier right before the entrance to Walking Street. You have the exact same view as the Lobster Pot but the prices are quite reasonable. Not a seafood restaurant.

I agree with your comments other than the part about "many people welcoming you and friendly faces." Other than the touts trying to entice (or should I say "irritatingly cajole?") you into whatever bar or restaurant, the only other "friendly faces" at least later into the evening are people with that alcohol afterglow.

Yet, Walking Street is typical Pattaya and ought to be experienced by anyone visiting the area. I rather enjoy on rare occasion just stopping for a few beers and simply watching in awe/amazement/humor what's walking up and down the street. Sorta like going to the county fair....hehe.

"Walking Street" is an experience and should be seen at least once. Like Lvdkeyes says, it is a tourtist trap, but usually has high energy and an interesting place to be. I am with you Bob and like to pick out a spot and just watch the world go by. What a wild mix of people to watch!

Last night my bf and I ate at my favorite seafood place at the end of Jomtien Beach Road. The name is only in Thai. We had pork and egg tofu soup, mixed vegetables with seafood and vermicelli, deep fried battered prawns, mixed seafood fried rice and water to drink. The bill for the whole meal was 510 baht. Great food at a great price!

Last night my bf and I ate at my favorite seafood place at the end of Jomtien Beach Road. The name is only in Thai. We had pork and egg tofu soup, mixed vegetables with seafood and vermicelli, deep fried battered prawns, mixed seafood fried rice and water to drink. The bill for the whole meal was 510 baht. Great food at a great price!

A steal of a deal. Let us know the name and directions. I wouldn't mind checking it out.

The name of the restaurant is all in Thai, so I have no idea how that would help, but if you go down Jomtien Beach Rd. as far as you can go you will run right into it. It is the very last restaurant there.

I will give it a go. I guess you need to hire a baht bus. I have never ventured down Jomtien Beach Road to the end and does it dead end. About how many kilometers or miles would you say it is?