Thaiway

An article about Thailand's Ladyboys from California

Rate this topic

Desiree

Boys Will Be Girls ...

By MAUREEN COLEMAN They may look like a group of gorgeous girls -- but everything is not as it seems.

Dressed in sequinned hotpants and scarlet red crop-tops, these lovely ladies could be the next Girls Aloud or Pussycat Dolls.

But on closer inspection -- much closer inspection -- these women are actually men.

And the Lady Boys of Bangkok are heading to Northern Ireland for the first time with their sensational Mile High Tour.

Billed as a 'glamourous cocktail of cabaret, dance and comedy', theflamboyant show will be performed in the Spiegeltent at Custom HouseSquare twice nightly for a fortnight from November 7 to 21.

Demand is expected to be high for tickets to the top-selling show. Forthe past seven years the Lady Boys of Bangkok have entertained largecrowds at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

Up to 16 sexyshowgirls (who just happen to be men) will take to the stage for anight of of cabaret, combining Bangkok's exotic nightlife with thestunning appeal of Las Vegas.

The Lady Boys will perform arange of chart hits and West End musical favourites, from Riverdance toDirty Dancing and Katy Perry to Kylie.

A spokeswoman for the show said: "We are delighted that the Lady Boys of Bangkok are making their Belfast debut.

"It's not a vulgar show or sexual in any way, it's just a great night's entertainment, aimed at anyone and everyone."

Link: http://www.californi...es/yb/135408652

I'm a straight woman, but I think some of the ladyboys are beautiful.

Only last night I went to a lady-boy bar and had a wonderful time. This was not a go go bar or anything like that. It was a host bar staffed by lady boys. I swear that I would never have known that some of those girls were actually boys.

Lady boys are a big thing in Thailand. They are everywhere, even in some of the smallest rural villages. Did you know that they are considered a third sex in Thailand? I have actually seen sets of three restrooms: Men, Women, Lady-boy. I have also seen job applications that do not simply have a spot that says Sex, but says Sex at Birth.

Only last night I went to a lady-boy bar and had a wonderful time. This was not a go go bar or anything like that. It was a host bar staffed by lady boys. I swear that I would never have known that some of those girls were actually boys.

Lady boys are a big thing in Thailand. They are everywhere, even in some of the smallest rural villages. Did you know that they are considered a third sex in Thailand? I have actually seen sets of three restrooms: Men, Women, Lady-boy. I have also seen job applications that do not simply have a spot that says Sex, but says Sex at Birth.

No, I didn't know they were considered a third sex. I can only imagine the face of some of the uptight Americans who see that sign. I say that as a girl who was raised in the conservative South, but am not uptight. :)

Wow, Thailand is sure Gay/Lesbian friendly. I guess it will still take a long, long time for the rest of the world to follow suit.

That's if the rest of the world ever follows suit. It comes as no surprise to me that the population of a Buddhist country is so much more tolerant. After all, as far as I know Buddhism is one of the few religions that has no history of going to war over religion.

The separate toilets is no joke. While they are not very common yet, they do exist:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image