Thaiway

What's Your Cellular Phone?

Rate this topic

Well, a lot of people here in the Philippines place high regard on cellular phones, as if it connotes a certain status. If you have a blackberry or an iphone, or higher end samsungs, HPs or nokias - then you're top of the line as well. More so if you have more than one phone. This is why some people blow their credit card limits for cellular phones worth more than their monthly salaries. Or they usually avail lay-away plans where they pay for the phone in installments/staggering payments until it is fully paid. Or worse, they buy from the black market.

But then again, there's nothing really wrong with having a top of the line, expensive luxury cellular phone if you can afford to buy it.

I want a super nice looking phone, but I can't afford to buy a new one as of the moment. So, I'm sticking with something that's serviceable, and that's my trusty old Motorola Razor.

So what's your cellular phone? :)

So what's your cellular phone?

I'm using a Nokia 6020. I'm satisfied with it, but I may upgrade. I'm not very interested in all the bells and whistles, but I wouldn't mind a phone that has a decent screen for Internet use. I also want a camera available in the phone. It doesn't have to be a good one. I only want photos to pop up of the person calling me, otherwise I often don't know who is calling. And I want plenty of memory for those photos. Other than that, I can't think of any bells and whistles that would be of any personal importance to me.

I use Nokia E63.

I choose this phone type not bcoz the style of the phone. More to the feature & functions.

I work in IT company which required me to do some testing and this Nokia kinda helpful.

Okay, here's my main reason why I choose nokia E63 :

- qwerty (need to know how qwerty feel)

- wlan

- worth the price

I use Nokia E63.

I choose this phone type not bcoz the style of the phone. More to the feature & functions.

I work in IT company which required me to do some testing and this Nokia kinda helpful.

Okay, here's my main reason why I choose nokia E63 :

- qwerty (need to know how qwerty feel)

- wlan

- worth the price

i had an iphone for nearly 2 years, as phones go its the best phone i have used or seen, unreliability, its really as most are now a computor , so when they throw a tantrum you gotta shut it down and restart it, now with the iphone it aint that easy to shut down, as you cant easily take out the battery or sim card so you have to wait for a day to let it run out of charge so you can restart it!!!!

i got about 2 months ago a nokia e71, that looked a bit like a blackberry but not as big, that had lots of probs, i have had for 1 day a nokia n97, and im not over impressed with that yet, maybe be user error in all case;s but i think once you have had an iphone they so user friendly, nothing will match it, but it should, and it should also have a manual keyboard and easy sim/ battery out etc.

chris

For me, the IPhone rules. The apps are amazing and there is nothing even close to comparing it to. For Bangkok, you can download maps for the Skytrain, subway, streets, markets, etc. All are easily to understand. You can pick a food place, find reviews, do currency exchanges, get dictionaries and play games. :) I love the IPhone.

True. I have a nokia I got for 1200 php, roughly less than 1000 BAHT, I suppose? I can call, recieve text messages - and since there are no bells and whistles and all, it doesn't log, or spend time loading like computer phones or high end phones. It does its job quickly, and I also don't have to worry if it gets stolen. (well, I would, but it wouldn't break my heart that much)