Thaiway

Passport For A Thai

Rate this topic

My recollection is my wife got her passport only using her Thai I.D. She used thai office at the Central Mall at Bang -Na. The turn around time 1 week. My step kids got theirs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, turn around time 1 week. The kids needed Birth certificates and death certificate of their biological father.

Obtaining a passport is neither difficult nor very expensive for Thais. Their problems begin after they have the passport. It is very difficult, sometimes virtually impossible, for Thais to obtain visas to visit various countries. Obtaining a visa to visit the USA is especially difficult for Thais.

Obtaining a passport is neither difficult nor very expensive for Thais. Their problems begin after they have the passport. It is very difficult, sometimes virtually impossible, for Thais to obtain visas to visit various countries. Obtaining a visa to visit the USA is especially difficult for Thais.

Good to hear obtaining a passport is neither difficult nor expensive. Does anyone know the approximate cost? I suppose a Thai ID, money and a filled in form is about all that is needed? I am sure Western countries are difficult destinations for Thais to obtain a visa, but many Asia destinations should be easy.