Thaiway

Favorite Restaurants in Thailand

Rate this topic

Thaimo

Do you have a favorite restaurant in Thailand, or if you're like me and can't single out just one, do you have a set of favorites?

For me, in Bangkok it's the buffet at the Sofitel-Silom. It is very high quality and done as themes. Sometimes it's an Italian theme and mot of the food choices are Italian. Sometimes it's Greek. Sometimes it's other things, but it's always fabulous. And I love their dessert bar, with their chocolate fountain. It's about 850 baht, including the service charge. It's definitely not the place to go if you're looking for a low cholesterol meal. I also like the Vickie L'amour restaurant on Soi Ngam Duplee. It's a small restaurant, but I love the food and their prices are quite reasonable.

In Chiang Mai, I love the Art Cafe, especially their breakfasts.

In Pattaya, when I can afford it my favorite is Casa Pascal. A much more affordable restaurant, but with food and service that is only a notch or two below Casa Pascal, is Wi's.

Those are my top favorites. There are others, of course, but these would be my first choices as favorites. What's your favorites?

What's your favorites?

Hmmmm....not sure where to begin. Depends on what kind of food I'm looking for. Okay, I'll do breakfast only.

For falang breakfast here in Chiangmai, my favorite undoubtedly is Bake & Bite. They've got at least two places here (one on Soi 6, Nimmanhaemin, and another east of the Nakornping Bridge). Great staff, the food is prepared very well, and the bread (whole wheat, white and/or 7-grain) they use for toast is most excellent.

For Thai breakfast (for me, read: kao man gai!), the best place in town in my view is on the east side of Sirimankalajarn (that's the next main street east of Nimmanhaemin) around Soi 3 or so. But, while that's the best place, I've enjoyed eating kao man gai (rice with chicken on top, usually some cucumbers on the side, and usually an accompanying bowl of chicken soup/broth) just about everywhere I've found it including the cafeterias at the mall.

Some of my favorites in Pattaya in no particular order are:

Casa Pascal, Mata Hari, Posidon, Little Italy, La Villa Bali, and Cabbages and Condoms. Also the seafood restaurant down in Bang Saray. I don't know the name of it, but it is right on the water. Good views and seafood and not expensive.