Thaiway

A Little Levity

Rate this topic

lvdkeyes

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys. The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.

Well, Lena is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory and she reports for her first day promptly at 8:00 am.

The next day at 8:45 am there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door. The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new

Employee.

He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.

The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor. When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up.

At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmo's. She has a roll of plush Red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles.

The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo's legs.

The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Lena .

'I'm sorry,' he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face, 'but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday...'

'Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles.

I like this one about the terrorist school teacher.

A public school teacher was arrested today at JFK International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a compass, a slide-rule and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, the Attorney General said

he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-Gebra movement.

He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with

carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-Gebra is a problem for us", the Attorney General said. "They

derive solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on

tangents in search of absolute values." They use secret code names

like 'X' and 'Y' and refer to themselves as "unknowns", but we have

determined that they belong to a common denominator of the axis of

medieval with coordinates in every country.

As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, "There are 3 sides

to every triangle".

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Obama said, "If God

had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, he would

have given us more fingers and toes."

White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more

intelligent or profound statement by the President. It is believed

that the Nobel Prize for Physics will follow.

A story about Aunt Karen.

The teacher gave her fifth-grade class an assignment: get

their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end

of it.

The next day the kids came back and one by one began to tell

their stories.

Ashley said, "My father's a farmer, and we have a lot of

egg-laying hens. One time we were taking our eggs to market

in a basket on the front seat of the car when we hit a big

bump in the road and all the eggs went flying and broke and

made a mess."

"What's the moral of the story?" asked the teacher.

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket!"

"Very good," said the teacher.

Next little Sarah raised her hand and said, "Our family are

farmers too. But we raise chickens for the meat market. We

had a dozen eggs one time, but when they hatched we only got

ten live chicks, and the moral to this story is, 'Don't

count your chickens before they're hatched.'"

"That was a fine story, Sarah. Michael, do you have a story

to share?"

"Yes, my daddy told me this story about my Aunt Karen. Aunt

Karen was a flight engineer in the Gulf War and her plane

was hit. She had to bail out over enemy territory, and all

she had was a bottle of whiskey, a machine gun, and a

machete. She drank the whiskey on the way down so it

wouldn't break and then she landed right in the middle of a

hundred enemy troops. She killed seventy of them with the

machine gun until she ran out of bullets. Then she killed

twenty more with the machete until the blade broke. Then she

killed the last ten with her bare hands."

"Good heavens," said the horrified teacher, "what kind of

moral did your daddy tell you from that horrible story?"

"Stay away from Aunt Karen when she's been drinking!"

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a story about a wife's love.

A very old man lay dying in his bed. In death's doorway, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookie wafting up the stairs.

He gathered his remaining strength and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort forced himself down the stairs, gripping the railing with both hands.

With labored breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen. Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven.

There, spread out on newspapers on the kitchen table were literally hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip cookies. Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself toward the table. The aged and withered hand, shaking, made its way to a cookie at the edge of the table, when he was suddenly smacked with a spatula by his wife.

"Stay out of those," she said. "They're for the funeral."

After getting all of Pope Benedict's luggage loaded into the limo, (and he doesn't travel light), the driver notices the Pope is still standing on the curb.

'Excuse me, Your Holiness,' says the driver, 'Would you please take your seat so we can leave?'

'Well, to tell you the truth,' says the Pope, 'they never let me drive at the Vatican when I was a cardinal, and I'd really like to drive today.'

'I'm sorry, Your Holiness, but I cannot let you do that. I'd lose my job! What if something should happen?' protests the driver, wishing he'd never gone to work that morning..

'Who's going to tell?' says the Pope with a smile.

Reluctantly, the driver gets in the back as the Pope climbs in behind the wheel. The driver quickly regrets his decision when, after exiting the airport, the Pontiff floors it, accelerating the limo to 205 kms.. (Remember, the Pope is German..)

'Please slow down, Your Holiness!' pleads the worried driver, but the Pope keeps the pedal to the metal until they hear sirens.

'Oh, dear God, I'm going to lose my license -- and my job!' moans the driver.

The Pope pulls over and rolls down the window as the cop approaches, but the cop takes one look at him, goes back to his motorcycle, and gets on the radio.

'I need to talk to the Chief,' he says to the dispatcher.

The Chief gets on the radio and the cop tells him that he's stopped a limo going 155 kph.

'So bust him,' says the Chief.

'I don't think we want to do that, he's really important,' said the cop.

The Chief exclaimed,' All the more reason!'

'No, I mean really important,' said the cop with a bit of persistence.

The Chief then asked, 'Who do you have there, the mayor?'

Cop: 'Bigger.'

Chief: ' A senator?'

Chief: 'The Prime Minister?'

'Well,' said the Chief, 'who is it?'

Cop: 'I think it's God!'

The Chief is even more puzzled and curious, 'What makes you think it's God?'

Cop: 'His chauffeur is the Pope!'

This is a copy of an actual letter sent to Ryan DeVries, from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, State of Michigan.

Wait till you read this guy's response - but read the entire letter before you get to the response.

Mr. Ryan DeVries 2088 Dagget Pierson, MI 49339 SUBJECT: DEQ File No. 97-59-0023; T11N; R10W, Sec. 20; Site Location: Montcalm County

Dear Mr. DeVries:

It has come to the attention of the Department of Environmental Quality that there has been recent unauthorized activity on the above referenced parcel of property. You have been certified as the legal landowner and/or contractor who did the following unauthorized activity: Construction and maintenance of two wood debris dams across the outlet stream of SpringPond. A permit must be issued prior to the start of this type of activity.

A review of the Department's files shows that no permits have been issued. Therefore, the Department has determined that this activity is in violation of Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101 to 324.30113 of the Michigan Compiled Laws, annotated.

The Department has been informed that one or both of the dams partially failed during a recent rain event, causing debris and flooding at downstream locations. We find that dams of this nature are inherently hazardous and cannot be permitted. The Department therefore orders you to cease and desist all activities at this location, and to restore the stream to a free-flow condition by removing all wood and brush forming the dams from the stream channel. All restoration work shall be completed no later than January31, 2002. Please notify this office when the restoration has been completed so that a follow-up site inspection may be scheduled by our staff. Failure to comply with this request or any further unauthorized activity on the site may result in this case being referred for elevated enforcement action.

We anticipate and would appreciate your full cooperation in this matter.

Please feel free to contact me at this office if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

David L. Price District Representative Land and Water Management Division

RESPONSE

Dear Mr. Price,

Re: DEQ File No. 97-59-0023; T11N; R10W, Sec. 20; Montcalm County Your certified letter dated 12/17/2000 has been referred to me to respond to.

First of all, Mr. Ryan De Vries is not the legal landowner and/or contractor at 2088 Dagget, Pierson, Michigan. I am the legal owner and a couple of beavers are in the (State unauthorized) process of constructing and maintaining two wood "debris" dams across the outlet stream of my Spring Pond. While I did not pay for, authorize, nor supervise their dam project, I think they would be highly offended that you call their skillful use of natural building materials "debris."

I would like to challenge your department to attempt to emulate their dam project any time and/or any place you choose. I believe I can safely state there is no way you could ever match their dam skills, their dam resourcefulness, their dam ingenuity, their dam persistence, their dam determination and/or their dam work ethic.

As to your request, I do not think the beavers are aware that they must first fill out a dam permit prior to the start of this type of dam activity.

My first dam question to you is (1) Are you trying to discriminate against my Spring Pond beavers or (2) do you require all beavers throughout this State to conform to said dam request?

If you are not discriminating against these particular beavers, through the Freedom of Information Act I request completed copies of all those other applicable beaver dam permits that have been issued. Perhaps we will see if there really is a dam violation of Part 301, Inland Lakes and streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101to 324.30113 of the Michigan Compiled Laws, annotated.

I have several concerns. My first concern is - aren't the beavers entitled to legal representation? The Spring Pond Beavers are financially destitute and are unable to pay for said representation - so the State will have to provide them with a dam lawyer. The Department's dam concern that either one or both of the dams failed during a recent rain event causing flooding is proof that this is a natural occurrence, which the Department is required to protect. In other words, we should leave the Spring Pond Beavers alone rather than harassing them and calling their dam names. If you want the stream "restored" to a dam free-flow condition - please contact the beavers - but if you are going to arrest them they obviously did not pay any attention to your dam letter being unable to read English.

In my humble opinion, the Spring Pond Beavers have a right to build their unauthorized dams as long as the sky is blue, the grass is green and water flows downstream. They have more dam right than I do to live and enjoy Spring Pond. If the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection lives up to its name, it should protect the natural resources(Beavers) and the environment (Beavers' Dams).

So, as far as the beavers and I are concerned, this dam case can be referred for more elevated enforcement action right now. Why wait until 1/31/2002? The Spring Pond Beavers maybe under the dam ice then, and there will be no way for you or your dam staff to contact/harass them then.

In conclusion, I would like to bring to your attention a real environmental quality (health) problem in the area. It is the bears. Bears are actually defecating in our woods. I definitely believe you should be persecuting the defecating bears and leave the beavers alone. If you are going to investigate the beaver dam, watch your step! (The bears are not careful where they dump!) Being unable to comply with your dam request, and being unable to contact you on your dam answering machine, I am sending this response to your dam office via another government organization - the dam USPS. Maybe, someday, it will get there.

Sincerely, Stephen L. Tvedten The University of Texas at: Austin Office Community Relations/Accounting Unit P.O. Box 7367

I wonder if we have seen one of the trustees on Jay Leno's "man on the street" segment?

The Continuing Crisis! In February, the Board of Trustees of Saugatuck Township, Mich., scheduled a May referendum asking voters for an increase in the property tax in order to cover unanticipated new expenses. The budget overrun was due to the mounting costs of defending lawsuits by people and companies complaining that the Township's property taxes are too high. [Grand Rapids Press, 2-4-10] News of the Weird: - Yahoo! News

> Tom had

> been in business for 25 years.Finally sick of the

> stress, he quits his job and buys 50 acres of land inAlaska

> as far from humanity as possible. He sees the postman

> once a week and gets groceries once a month. Otherwise

> it's total peace and

> quiet.

>

> After

> six months or so of almost total isolation, someone knocks

> on his door.. He opens it and a huge, bearded man is standing

> there.

>

> 'Name's Cliff, your neighbor from forty miles up

> the road.. Having a Christmas party Friday night.

> Thought you might like to come at about

> 5:00...'

>

>

> 'Great', says Tom, 'after six months out here

> I'm ready to meet some local folks Thank

> you.'

>

>

> As

> Cliff is leaving, he stops. 'Gotta warn

> you.

>

> Be some

> drinking'.'

>

> 'Not a problem' says Tom. 'After 25 years in

> the business, I can drink with the best of 'em'.

>

> Again, the big man starts to leave and

> stops.

>

> 'More

> 'n' likely gonna be some fighting' too.'

>

> 'Well, I get along with people, I'll be all right!

> .

>

> I'll

> be there. Thanks again.'

>

> 'More'n likely be some wild sex, too,'

>

> 'Now that's really not a problem' says Tom,

> warming to the idea. 'I've been all alone for six

> months! I'll definitely be there. By the way, what

> should I wear?'

>

> 'Don't much matter. Just gonna be the two of

> us..'

A SENIOR MOMENT

"Where is my Sunday paper?" the irate customer calling the

newspaper office loudly demanded, wanting to know where her

Sunday edition was.

"Ma'am," said the newspaper employee, "today is Saturday.

The Sunday paper is not delivered until tomorrow, on

Sunday."

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone,

followed by a ray of recognition, as she was heard to

mutter, "Well, that's why no one was at church today!"

Another senior moment:

A group of forty-year-old friends discuss where they should meet for a dinner reunion. Finally it is agreed that they should meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the waitresses there are generally good-looking.

Ten years later, at 50 years of age, the group once again discusses where they should meet for dinner. It is agreed that they should meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the food there is very good and the wine selection is exceptionally good.

Ten years later, at 60 years of age, the group once again discusses where they should meet for dinner. It is agreed that they should meet at the Ocean View restaurant because they can eat there in peace and quiet and the restaurant had a beautiful view of the ocean.

Ten years later, at 70 years of age, the group once again discusses where they should meet for dinner. It is agreed that they should meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the restaurant is wheel chair accessible and they even have an elevator.

Ten years later, at 80 years of age, the group once again discusses where they should meet for dinner. Finally it is agreed that they should meet at the Ocean View restaurant because they have never been there before.

The Aisle Seat

Two Radical Arab Terrorists boarded a flight out of London. One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat... Just before takeoff, a U.S. Marine sat down in the aisle seat. After takeoff, the Marine kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said, "I need to get up and get a coke."

"Don't get up," said the Marine, "I'm in the aisle seat, "I'll get it for you."

As soon as he left, one of the Arabs picked up the Marines shoe and spat in it.

When the Marine returned with the coke, the other Arab said, "That looks good, I'd really like one, too."

Again, the Marine obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone the other Arab picked up the Marines other

shoe and spat in it.

When the Marine returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight.

As the plane was landing, the Marine slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened.

"Why does it have to be this way?" he asked. "How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity?

This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?"

THE FEW. THE PROUD. THE MARINES. THE BEST!

The Aisle Seat

Two Radical Arab Terrorists boarded a flight out of London. One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat... Just before takeoff, a U.S. Marine sat down in the aisle seat. After takeoff, the Marine kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said, "I need to get up and get a coke."

When the Marine returned with the coke, the other Arab said, "That looks good, I'd really like one, too."

Again, the Marine obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone the other Arab picked up the Marines other

shoe and spat in it.

As the plane was landing, the Marine slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened.

"Why does it have to be this way?" he asked. "How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity?

The Aisle Seat

shoe and spat in it.

The Aisle Seat

shoe and spat in it.

The Aisle Seat

shoe and spat in it.

The Aisle Seat

shoe and spat in it.

The Aisle Seat

shoe and spat in it.

The Aisle Seat

shoe and spat in it.