Thaiway

Jet Airways introduces twice weekly Bangkok–Gaya–Varanasi flights on the Buddhist circuit

Rate this topic

Desiree

Jet Airways introduces twice weekly Bangkok–Gaya–Varanasi flights on the Buddhist circuit

Jet Airways, India’s premier international airline, will connect the Thai capital of Bangkok with Gaya and Varanasi, two important Indian cities

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRLog (Press Release) – Sep 02, 2009 – Jet Airways, India’s premier international airline, will connect the Thai capital of Bangkok with Gaya and Varanasi, two important Indian cities on the famed Buddhist circuit, effective October 6, 2009.

The airline will operate with twice weekly services on the sector, on Tuesdays and Fridays respectively. These flights will allow people from the South Asian region to visit the famed Buddhist pilgrimage sights.

Effective October 6, 2009 to October 24, 2009, 9W 69 will depart Bangkok at 0845 hrs, arriving in Gaya at 1015 hrs. Flight 9W 69 will then depart Gaya at 1145 hrs, arriving in Varanasi at 1230 hrs.

Flight 9W 70 will then depart Varanasi at 1400 hrs, returning to Bangkok at 1845 hrs.

However, effective October 25, 2009 to March 27, 2010, 9W 69 will depart Bangkok at 0830 hrs, arriving in Gaya at 1015 hrs. Flight 9W 69 will then depart Gaya at 1145 hrs, arriving in Varanasi at 1230 hrs.

Flight 9W 70 will then depart Varanasi at 1400 hrs, arriving in Bangkok at 1835 hrs.

While Varanasi is one of the oldest cities in the world, Gaya is home to the famed Mahabodhi temple, a UNESCO heritage site, and the site where the Buddha attained enlightenment, according to Buddhist traditions.

Jet Airways

Jet Airways currently operates a fleet of 83 aircraft, which includes 10 Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft, 12 Airbus A330-200 aircraft, 47 next generation Boeing 737-700/800/900 aircraft and 14 modern ATR 72-500 turboprop aircraft. With an average fleet age of 4.57 years, the airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleet in the world.

Flights to 64 destinations span the length and breadth of India and beyond, including New York (both JFK and Newark), Toronto, Brussels, London (Heathrow), Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Jeddah.

Jet Airways and its no-frills Economy Class service Jet Airways Konnect together operate over 365 flights daily.

About Jet Airways Konnect

Jet Airways Konnect is Jet Airways’ no-frills Economy Class service on key domestic routes, designed to meet the needs of the low fare segment.

Jet Airways Konnect links five major metros- Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata - with several destinations across India.

Jet Airways Konnect service is available from Mumbai to Bhopal/ Udaipur/ Ahmedabad/ Bhavnagar/ Jodhpur/ Chennai/ Kochi/ Vadodara and Jaipur, Delhi to Chennai/ Bengaluru/ Amritsar and Vadodara, Chennai to Madurai/ Kochi/ Coimbatore/ Hyderabad/ Thiruvananthapuram and Bengaluru. The service also links Bengaluru to Mumbai / Mangalore/ Pune/ Hyderabad/ Thiruvananthapuram and Kolkata and Kolkata to Jorhat/ Agartala/ Guwahati.

Besides these sectors, Jet Airways Konnect also connects Hyderabad to Goa / Ahemdabad / Indore / Bhopal and Raipur.

Jet Airways Konnect currently operates over 130 flights daily

Link: http://www.prlog.org/10329334-jet-airways-introduces-twice-weekly-bangkokgayavaranasi-flights-on-the-buddhist-circuit.html

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I want to travel to India, a destination I have not gone to in the past. The country is so vast, I don't know where to start. I have always wanted to see the Taj Mahal and so that might be a place to start.

I was considering going to India a year or two ago. I checked hotel prices and was shocked to find them expensive.

I should think there are more reasonable one and two star hotels available. Sometimes it is hard to find them.

I am not sure I would want to stay in less than 3 stars in India.

I suppose it depends on your priorities. Some people must have a fancy place to stay. For me, just so long as it is a clean, safe and comfortable, I would rather spend my money on seeing the sights.

I agree, but I think in India a 1 or 2 star hotel might not be the cleanest. India is not known for its cleanliness.

I have never been to India and so cannot comment on its cleanliness. It is a big country with a lot of poor people, but things are changing. When I talked about a 1 or 2 star hotel, I was referring to the western or European standard.