Thaiway

Intercontinental Hotel Hua Hin - A Review from December 2014

Rate this topic

MidTMike

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and I love the service and the attention to detail.  The staff is excellent and the Executive Lounge is very nice and had nice offerings at night.

The hotel is still very laid back and easy to rest.   I had 2 friends with me for the 10 nights and they both love this hotel.  In fact, when I called then to tell then I wanted to spend Xmas in Thailand I asked them which city they wanted to go and what hotel and they both wanted this hotel.  I think they like the very relaxing day beds outside.

The hotel upgraded us to a nice pool terrace and it is like a private pool that is surrounded by shrubs.  It is not a big pool but it is easy to get in and relax morning or night in privacy.  The deck has a nice daybed as well as a table and chairs for dining. I loved the way the outside of the room flows into the pool and perfectly mixes with the inside. This makes for a truly relaxing holiday and a way to have private time reading, playing chess or chatting with friends.

I only left the hotel a few times over the 10 days as I was there to rest and relax.  I love going to the pool at lunch and swimming all day. 

I have to say that this hotel is still one of my favorite hotels in all of Thailand.  I love the rooms, the staff and the service. 

The breakfast was amazing and we really enjoyed the variety of food offering and we normally at at one of the tables that are inside the water.  It is a fun way to start the day. 

The beach area in front of the hotel is still very quiet and relaxing.  Just down the beach is another area that is full of chairs and jet skis and wind surfers.  You can have the best of both worlds.

The Executive Lounge Manager Bella is amazing. She checked us in, helped us with any issues and was truly there for us at every turn. This is one hotel that truly does know how to make their guests feel special and important. I am a Platinum Royal Ambassador and there are some Intercontinental Hotels that I have reviewed this year that do not place value on Royal Ambassadors. This hotel is not one of those hotels. This hotel really does recognize members who are top tier in their rewards program and makes them feel like they are truly Royal.

I felt truly catered to in this hotel and I loved the experience.  I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in Hua Hin or for anyone who is visiting Asia and wants truly relaxing seaside resort.