Thaiway

Thailand's Prem International School offers serious golf training

Rate this topic

It's a long way from the beautiful German city of Wiesbaden to Chiang Mai, Thailand, but that is a journey Grade 11 student Lucas Geiger chose to make, to follow the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and to continue his specialized training in golf - a sport about which he is passionate.

Lucas is the Club Champion of Germany's oldest golf course, the Wiesbadener Golf Club, and he used to play its nine holes regularly, as well as playing the two longer 18-hole courses to be found in Wiesbaden.

While Lucas currently has a golf handicap of ten, he wants to reduce that to five in the next few months and eventually to be a scratch golfer on a zero handicap. His coach, "Spike" Collier at the Three-Generation Golf Academy (TGGA), is a great teacher, according to Lucas, who adds, "I realized several months ago just how good he is! I thought my old technique was fine but he has been slowly changing everything and I was asking myself - Why? Now he is starting to put it all together again and I am now playing much better than I was when I first arrived."

http://www.worldgolf.com/newswire/browse/70905-Prem-International-School-home-special-sports-student-academic-golfer