Thaiway

Another Air Asia Sale

Rate this topic

Beer Chang

I like Air Asia too. I use them often. I very recently went to and from Melbourne via KL on Air Asia. On the return flight from Melbourne to KL the plane was late. Because of a tight connection I missed the flight from KL to BKK. I went to the service counter and they booked me onto another flight even though they are a point to point airline and were not obligated to do do.

Very nice of Air Asia to accommodate your request. I think they try and take care of the customer as much as possible. Helps if the customer is nice and not demanding like some farangs tend to be. Having a pleasant demeanor tends to bring better results rather than loud and boisterous.

I flew on Air Asia last week round-trip from Chiangmai to Bangkok....and was a bit surprised (based on past history) that both flights were on time (and the return flight to Chiangmai was actually 10 minutes early!). I actually do like Air Asia as their flights are relatively inexpensive and their flight times usually fit my desired schedule.

But (and this doesn't only apply to Air Asia), why the heck do the airlines list the "baording time" when they never have ever started boarding at that scheduled time? My guess is it's just a scheduled time to start thinking about boarding....

I frequently use Air Asia to fly about the region and the flight have always departed on time, in fact they often close the door a good few minutes early, and off the ground bang on time, always landing a few minutes earlier than schedule.

What really impresses me is that make it very clear that passengers need to be at the gate 20 minutes before departure time. Now of this 'thinking about boarding' nonsense you often see on other air lines.

Earlier this year I had to rush up to Bangkok at very short notice, arrived at Phuket airport, looked for the first departure, happened to be one-2-go (or one-2-crash as it's locally know). Amazingly we boarded only a few minutes late, but then we sat on ground for over 60 minutes. By that time I watched with annoyance the later Air Asia flight board, taxi, and take off. Never again ... :angry:

Air Asia seems to do their best in taking off and landing on time. They are improving. On another subject, does anyone know if you are able to fly on a "space available" basis with Air Asia. For example, if I have a ticket to return on the 15th and decide to return home on the 14th, is this possible? I know if you do it via the internet, it will be a hassle and probably more money. Just wondering if they had empty seats on a flight, whether it may be possible?

Air Asia seems to do their best in taking off and landing on time. They are improving. On another subject, does anyone know if you are able to fly on a "space available" basis with Air Asia. For example, if I have a ticket to return on the 15th and decide to return home on the 14th, is this possible? I know if you do it via the internet, it will be a hassle and probably more money. Just wondering if they had empty seats on a flight, whether it may be possible?

If you look carefully at Air Asia's terms & conditions then it might be possible to cancel your booking, pay a penalty fee, and use the credit from unused ticket on another flight. But I don't think you can do over the net, only by calling into an Air Asia office. I wish you the best of luck undertaking that challenge.

I have also heard from another traveler, if you book a flight on Air Asia and are unable to use that ticket, they will return part of the ticket price (I think the taxes) for the asking.

I don't think that is correct. As far as I can see in their terms & conditions, no money will be refunded, but maybe (?) possible to get credit for another flight. BUT you must advise before your flight date, if you just don't turn up then that's the end of the story.

Just wondering if they had empty seats on a flight, whether it may be possible?

I was booked ofr the last flight of the day but arrived at airport early and asked about taking an earlier flight and they said no way Jose.

I hate their attitude but am willing to put up with it because of price.

AA is not very flexible when it comes to changing flights. I was returning from Indonesia feeling deathly ill. I went to the airport early and tried to get an earlier flight. Even though there were seats available I could not change flights without buying a new ticket. I was so sick I didn't care. I paid for the new ticket and found the flight 3/4 full.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are registered on the Air Asia website you can change your flights online quite easily; at a fairly hefty surcharge of course.

I had to change the return leg of a KL-Colombo flight and it cost me a whopping 240 Malaysian ringgit. I'm not sure about getting a

refund, doubtful about that but let us know.

I live in Krabi and often have to fly at short notice; this is where AA starts to balance it's books. The Bangkok to Krabi route is served

by AA an Thai only and for last minute flights Thai is usually cheaper. For example, a one way ticket to Bangers booked Friday 12th Feb to

travel Monday 15th was around 5500 Baht... Thai business class (all that was available - high season) 4500 Baht.

Obviously you shop around for the best deals but whilst I agree that AA do have some amazing deals I don't have any problems seeing how

Air Asia turn a profit!

Booking Period : 18 Feb 2010 - 21 Feb 2010

Travel Period : 23 Mar 2010 - 31 May 2010

Travel Notes : Advance booking required

fares not available during embargo period

This promotion is for fare only

It is applicable to all seats on all flights excluding FD flights and selected India destinations.

Welcome to AirAsia.com...now everyone can fly...

Unfortunately most Thailand flights are FD. :angry:

Unfortunately most Thailand flights are FD. angry.gif

That is unfortunate the Thailand flights are not available for the discount. I do not understand all FD label. I guess that is the Thai Air Asia part of the company? I do not know but suspect there are several companies under the Air Asia brand. Air Asia, then Thai Air Asia, and the Air Asia X, and then is there a Indonesian Air Asia? I am a little confused.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...