Thaiway

Your Health

Rate this topic

eleothegreat

What do you do to keep yourself healthy?

To name just a few:

1). I gave up smoking years ago.

2). I try and do everything in moderation. Doesn't always work because I like to eat and drink too much.

3). Keep active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk as much as possible. Active sex life.

4). Try to eat more fruits and vegetables, although I like meat and potatoes alot.

5). Try not to let the little annoyances in life bother me. Don't sweat the small stuff.

6). Take vitamins and a cholestrol pill.

7). Monitor my blood pressure.

Started smoking young, at around eighteen, but wasn't much of a smoker through. I stopped at twenty when I learned I was pregnant and I haven't smoked ever since. The same with booze as well. I think I need a little bit of alcohol in my system to keep myself healthy.

I walk daily for at least thirty minutes in the morning, and I keep myself active. Having a 1 year old child gives you no excuse to not be active. Im always chasing after her, carrying her and doing a lot of stuff with the baby in tow. But it's fun, though.

I take in multivitamins and Virgin Coconut Oil. I take VCO capsules (hate drinking oil), but I use VCO based products for the body.

Hmmm. What else?

Oh, I've been trying to get more fresh produce inside my refrigerator. Since I do the groceries, I make sure that at least a third of what I buy is fresh fruits, vegetables and good grains. Meat is still good - but in moderation.

If there's one bad habit I can't give up, its soda. I love soda. I love Coke. I can drink a can of coke per meal if no body stops me, and I can do it all day. I've been trying to curb my habit, though, so I get at least one 8oz glass of soda each day.

I keep myself healthy by making my own choices in life and not accepting society's given path. By doing exactly what I want, when I want, I keep away the stress that normal people deal with on a day to day basis.

I also pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Arthur Guinness and Phillip Morris on a daily basis.

I keep myself healthy by making my own choices in life and not accepting society's given path. By doing exactly what I want, when I want, I keep away the stress that normal people deal with on a day to day basis.

I also pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Arthur Guinness and Phillip Morris on a daily basis.

Are you a Pastafarian? I just googled the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I can't believe I spent 21 years in this world not knowing who He/She/It was.

Oh, by the way, Phillip Morris reminds me of my beautiful grandmother. She used to smoke those. I haven't seen her for a year now. She's in Palawan island soaking up the sun and feeling the breeze in her short purple hair, while managing a beach side restaurant. You go Mommy!

I, too, had never heard of Mr. Henderson and his Flying Spaghetti Monster religion. Wikopedia notes that the Pastafasarian's basic tenet is:

"The central belief is that there is an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster, who created the entire universe after drinking heavily."

I like the "after drinking heavily" part.... :blink:

I ensure a daily endorphin release via strenuous exercise a minimum of five times weekly.

I use to love that endorphin release. I have been out of that routine for a while, but hope to find the energy and time to do it again. Maybe get my fat ass back on my bike?